Best viewed in Internet Explorer

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thinking About My Purpose

Sometimes, I do ask myself...

What's the purpose for me to live?
What's my purpose on earth?
Is it just a place to drop by and leave when the time comes?

I'm a person who doesn't like to read much but somehow today I've decided to take this book out, hoping to find answers in it.

Exactly! WHAT ON EARTH AM I HERE FOR?

Until now, I still can't get a exact answer for this question. Could it be about achieving my goals, fulfilling my dreams? It's all just a guess, and I might be in the wrong path which leads me to a dead end.

"For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels—everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him."
(Collosians 1:16)


Without God, life makes no sense at all. This is a point that we all need to understand. And it's true, as you can see nowadays, people are doing all kinds of funny things such as self-suicide, drugs addiction, getting into trouble...etc. If they knew their purpose for living, do you think all these will happen?

YOU are made by God and for God. God should be the one who decides what you life is going to be. We're able to choose what we want to be, but you can't choose the purpose of your life. God has already planned for each of us. The purpose of our life is just far greater than anything else.

"Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose."
It's not about me, it's about Him. We were born by His purpose and for His purpose. It's all started when you have a good relationship with Jesus Christ. Amen!

PS: And yeah, I'm turning 18 tomorrow. Hope it's still not too late to realise my purpose on earth. :)

God Bless!

5 comments:

teck said...

Happy reading !
Have a blessed birthday !

Esther's Blog said...

Go read the a book called It's not about me by Max Lucado! Super good!! Tell me about the purpose driven life! Haven got around finish reading it.

Uiiii Happy Birthday too!!!

Jin Kiat said...

[teck] i will i will:P Thanks

[esther] haha...i'll do one at a time. i hope i'll get something out of this book too. thanks anyways

MoNkEy^MO said...

JIAO LIAN!!!!! I SUKA TIS!!!! well~~ as u said... from the 1st 1~~ tis is the 1st one rite??? xD

seriously... i like it banyak banyak!!!

Jin Kiat said...

Be blessed!

 
ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f