Best viewed in Internet Explorer

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Living Towards Eternity

"And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever."
(1 John 2:17)

The world will come to an end one day, also means that all of us will be wiped out one fine day. So we die and that's the end of it. But this statement is not true, we're supposed to be made to last forever. God will not create man to last for a short period of time, man was made for immortality. Our body dies but our souls live forever! Your identity is in eternity, and your homeland is heaven.

Eternity is indescribable. Some might ask what is eternity going to be like. No one has ever experience, as the Bible says “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Earth is not our final home, just a temporary place for us; we were created for something much better. The Bible says "For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." (2 Corinthians 5:1).

---------------------------


The next thing is how do you view your life. Some people might say life is a roller coaster, merry-go-around, etc... How you see your life will determine will your life will be. Around last year, some people asked me about this question; all I answered was something is this 'Life is a game, play it to the fullest before it's game over.' LOL...now I laugh back about what I've said before. My life just about playing, enjoyment and no wonder I'm so playful.

But am I living a life that God wants it to be? Honestly, I don't think so but I'm trying to.
The Bible described: Life is a test, trust and temporary assignment. These are the 3 good example on your view of life. God constantly watches over you; He is always testing you, seeing how you can cope with the world. God gives you everything on earth, seeing how responsible you're over them.

“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones..."
(Luke 16:10)


I did some thinking over the past few days and I realize that when I'm focus on God, things in the world become worthless to me. I shouldn't had spend too much time on them, they're just temporary. I soon felt that sometimes why some things we asked but yet we don't receive. Maybe it's because God is avoiding me from being too attached to the world. Slight dissatisfaction in life from God is for our own good. But it's alright, all these are just temporary, the true riches are still yet to come.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
(2 Corinthians 4:18)


God Bless


"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
(John 14:6)

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f