Best viewed in Internet Explorer

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Deepavali Celebration

~ Happy Deepavali ~

Today...
I was invited by Sanjeet's parents to join them for a Deepavali celebration night. It was held at Eastwood Valley. It's my first time attending an Indian event. Tonight is a special night for me, a night to remember for the rest of my life... Haha...I guess this would be my birthday present since my birthday is 2 days ahead!

Lots of people were there, not only Indians but even other races like Chinese, Malays, ang mo...etc. I was so hyped up, even after I reached home. LOL! It's a blast for me! Forget about the food, it's ok ok only. The real thing was the performance, there were lots of dances. That's what you do when you attend an Indian event - DANCE! They were little kids, teenagers, university students and even adults performing. There were ang mo dancing also. Awesome! The best for me was the dance performed by the Curtin University students. They danced one of my favourite song - Jab We Met - Mauja Hi Mauja

Besides, there was also a Miss Deepavali event. They were so gorgeous in all the different kinds of Indian sari. Even got ang mo participate and they actually look beautiful in sari. Some of them were students from Curtin University too. Seriously, I didn't know there were so many Indians in Curtin until today. LOL!

Talking about lucky draws, I think our table was one of the luckiest. Sanjeet and Aunty Jagjeet got a price each. Hahaha! Aunty Jeet got a voucher to stay over in Dynasty Hotel for a night and Sanjeet got an umbrella and a bag. Guess what bag is it? A Tiger Beer bag. I was like wadda heck, don't they have a nicer bag to give?

I wanted to stay longer to join them dancing but since time is limited, guess it's home sweet home. However, I did enjoyed myself very much. Loving it!

Good Night

I will definitely wanna go for another of these kind of event :P

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f