Best viewed in Internet Explorer

Saturday, November 21, 2009

My 1st Duathlon :)

I had my first duathlon race today:) It's a race which consist of 2 sport which are cycling and running. It was really a great experience for me. Besides enjoying the sport, I also get to know people. Hehe...

The race is organized by someone under Piasau Boat Club. So early this morning, me and my few friends cycled to the place. Wahaha! When I reached there, I see all kinds of racing road bikes. Really attractive! My bike is so buruk, using mountain bike somemore but with the slip tyre. I would like to get one but the only thing is stopping me is $$$. Never mind, I'll get one some day:)

So I was given this handicapped start since it was my first time. Handicap start is like you take the lead for first few minutes then only the others will start. And in the end, I finished first. I was taking the lead most of the time. But yeah, I'm not the fastest. After the race, we had breakfast and spent some time together with others.


My Time
1km Run
6:45 minutes (warm up)
17km Cycle 38:20 minutes (not too bad for a mountain bike user)
5km Run 33 minutes (now this is very very slow!)

Total time

1:18:05 hour


And guess what, the fastest guy finished the whole thing in 58:52 minutes. That's like freaking 20 minutes faster than me!!!


I got this for finishing first. LOL! A trophy and big chocolate bar. But I will have to return the trophy on the next duathlon and see who will be the next to get it.




Now about the bicycle, maybe I should consider a
Pinarello Dogma 60.1


which will cost me a US$17,900. Wahahahaha!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f ss_blog_claim=bc4ece250137659ab05e6a0acf96234f